Wednesday, October 8, 2008

GETTIN' FIT

So as many of you know, Trenity is whipping himself into shape for his "Agency" physical fitness testing. I have delightedly jumped on board as his workout buddy and personal coach!! Maybe we'll get in shape together. It seems to be a popular theme lately. Jen, Us, Marilee, even Gabe (of course he's probably already fit). So we found a good workout that was manly enough for Trenity to do (apparently my "Bounce Back After Baby" video had a little too much estrogen for him!). TAE-BO with Billy Blanks. We love it! EXTREMELY HARD!!!!!!!!! But awesome!! Good Luck to all of you that have fitness as a goal on your blogs. And wish us luck too, Trenity will probably be alright but I'm going to need it.

So I thought I would add this so you could see what our goal is. This is the official scoring for the "Agency" test. Click this link to see the scoring scales http://www.fbijobs.gov/11131.asp#1 You need a minimum of 12 points to pass the test. We did a practice test to see where we were at. IT WAS NOT PRETTY!!! I don't have the guts to tell you our scores! I recommend testing yourselves just for fun. It gives you a great way to measure your progress in a FITNESS way, not just looking at the scales or inches. If we can score a 12 on this test I think we would all be pretty healthy! Skinny is great for us girls, but I know I'm more interested in GOOD HEALTH! And if I retest periodically I will be able to see my # slowly rising and that's always an esteem booster that helps you recommit and keep going!

3 comments:

Stacey C. said...

Cindy this is a GREAT idea for fitness! Good luck on it. I'm trying to get fit to but I'm not brave enough to report on my blog because I don't know how well I'm going to do. But Jordan and I want to have more kids so I need to be healthy so I don't have another bad pregnancy.

Mare said...

Congrats on the couple fitness bonding. It is fun to have you hubby be your support and partner! I wish you the best and know you guys will do great!

C said...

Love your post! Good luck with getting fit as a family, such a wonderful goal. And yeah I tried the sit up portion of the FBI thing...let me just say, hahahahahah. Okay, okay time to go give Stacey a hard time for not keeping up to date. Love you all!